Welcome to my blog! I am a Las Vegas based photographer who enjoys photographing blossoming bellies, newborns, babies, children, teens, love birds, and families. I am a natural light photographer who uses the beautiful surroundings of Las Vegas as my studio. I hope you enjoy reading and viewing each unique post!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Carpenter 1 Fire

I am deeply saddened by the Carpenter 1 Fire that is destroying one of the few beautiful places we have  here in Las Vegas. Caused by a lightning strike, this fire has destroyed over 25,000 acres! It is now destroying structures as well. I feel so bad for the folks who have homes there and for all the animals that are suffering and dying because of this. I know that natural disasters happen but it feels so personal when it is right here in your own home town. 

I have spent so much time up there camping, hiking, snowboarding, photographing and simply enjoying the beauty and cool air it has to offer with friends and family. I hope and pray that all these hardworking fire fighters can get this thing under control. 

Even though we cannot physically aide in fighting the fire we can help by donating items or money. I am sure every little bit helps. 

In the mean time I took a little photo field trip with my mom to Vo Tech where I set up my tripod and snapped some shots of this "Beautiful Disaster" during sunset. I plan on capturing more images from different locations in the coming days. 

Here are some of my favorites from last night. I know some look similar but I thought it was neat to capture the sun setting and how the light and colors changed within just minutes. 








These photos were taken in HDR Vivid mode from a tripod. My settings were ISO 100 F/22 at a very slow shutter speed "10 I love the drama it added to these photos. It captured the Vegas Strip beautifully with the dramatic fire and smoke sneaking up over the mountain.

Beautiful Disaster






Look closely to the left side of the mountain and you can see a helicopter coming in. Looks neat in this slow shutter speed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment